Become a Member
The Vail Board of Realtors® is a local membership for over 800 real estate professionals in the Vail Valley. We provide our members with tools and resources to help achieve success in their careers. To become a member please complete an application and submit it to the VBR Office.
Membership Dues & Requirements Information
Do you have questions regarding dues and membership requirements for your Vail Board of REALTORS® membership? More information can be found below, including the difference between VBR/MLS membership and MLS Only membership.
Application links can be found in the below sections. Please contact our offices at 970-766-1028 with questions.
There are New Member Orientation and education requirements depending on your category of membership. Click the button below for more information on requirements.
Become a Realtor® Member:
A Primary member pays state and national dues through VBR membership. An individual is a Secondary member if state and national dues are remitted through another Board/Association. One of the principals in a real estate firm must be a Designated REALTOR® Member of the Board in order for licensees affiliated with the firm to select the Board as their "primary" Board.
Please complete the following application if you are interested in becoming a primary or secondary member.
- Complete the Realtor and Appraiser Application.
- Attend a mandatory New Member Orientation at the Vail Board of Realtors® office.
- Is your office established with the VBR? If not we will invoice you for the application fee.
Establish an office:
If you are opening your own office, or if your office is not yet a part of the VBR/Vail MLS, you will need to establish an office. Please refer to the above Realtor/Appraiser application link (it is part of the application process). We will invoice new offices for the $1,200 fee.
MLS Only Participant:
In order to be an MLS Only Participant, all brokers must hold “Full Membership” with a board first. This is strictly an MLS-only participant option. See the application for further information.
Please complete the following application for MLS Only Participation.
- Complete the MLS Only Application.
- Return the form to the board office with a copy of your active license and payment.
- Complete a New Member MLS Training. You must complete the new training within two-course offerings from membership activation.
- Designated Realtor®/ Managing Broker - Please Note: Your Designated REALTOR® must be a member in order for Broker Associates/Agents to become members.
Become a Licensed Assistant or Unlicensed Admin:
- Office must complete a VBR Licensed Assistant and Unlicensed Admin Application.
- Application MUST be signed by the Designated REALTOR®/Managing Broker.
- Return the application to the Vail Board of Realtors® at email@example.com along with a copy of your active license.
Click here to learn more about the benefits and regulations for Licensed Assistants and Unlicensed Admins.
Are you a current member of the VBR and transferring to a New Office?
- Complete a VBR Office Transfer Form and send it back to the Vail Board of Realtors®.
Timeline & Process for Applications
In order to process your Realtor® membership application, we will request the following to complete your application:
- Have an active license with the Colorado Real Estate Commission.
- If you are currently a member of NAR with another REALTOR® association, we will request a Letter of Good Standing from your primary/former association.
- Proof (certificate copy) of a Code of Ethics course if you are an existing Realtor®. New Realtors® will need to take in-person at the Vail Board of Realtors®.
It will take three to five business days to process your completed application. We will contact you for payment of initial processing fees and dues.
We will send you a confirmation welcome email that will include.
- Login information for your MLS and VBR account
- Information about NAR Ethics and Orientation courses. Any courses must be completed within 90 days of membership activation.
Members will receive annual dues statements in November. You have until January 1st to make payment. These invoices are sent by email to each member.