Become a Member
The Vail Board of Realtors® is a local membership for over 700 real estate professionals in the Vail Valley. We provide our members with tools and resources to help achieve success in their careers. To become a member please complete an application and submit it to the VBR Office.
Become a Realtor® Member:
An individual is a primary member if the Association pays state and National dues based on such Member. An individual is a secondary Member if state and National dues are remitted through another Board/Association. One of the principals in a real estate firm must be a Designated REALTOR Member of the Board in order for licensees affiliated with the firm to select the Board as their "primary" Board.
Please complete the following application if you are interested in becoming a primary or secondary member.
- Complete the Realtor and Appraiser Application.
- Return the application to the Vail Board of Realtors® along with a copy of your active license and payment.
- Attend a mandatory New Member Orientation at the Vail Board of Realtors® office.
- Is your office established with the VBR? If not please fill out the application below when applying for membership.
Return the application to the Vail Board of Realtors® along with a copy of your active license.
Establish an office:
If you are opening your own office, or if your office is not yet a part of the VBR/Vail MLS, you will need to establish an office. Please refer to the above Realtor/Appraiser application link (it is part of the application process). We will invoice new offices for the $1,200 fee.
MLS Only Participant:
In order to be an MLS Only Participant, all brokers must hold “Full Membership” with a board first. This is strictly an MLS-only participant option. See the application for further information.
Please complete the following application for MLS Only Participation.
- Complete the MLS Only Application.
- Return the form to the board office with a copy of your active license and payment.
- Complete a New Member MLS Training. You must complete the new training within two-course offerings from membership activation.
- Designated Realtor®/ Managing Broker - Please Note: Your Designated REALTOR® must be a member in order for Broker Associates/Agents to become members.
Become a Licensed Assistant or Unlicensed Admin:
- Complete a VBR Assistant Application.
- Return the application to the Vail Board of Realtors® along with a copy of your active license.
Are you currently a member of the VBR and you are transferring to a New Office?
- Complete a VBR Office Transfer Form and send it back to the Vail Board of Realtors®.
Application Requirements for Realtors®
Thank you for your interest in joining the Vail Board of Realtors®. In order to process your membership application, please include the following with your completed application signed by your Managing Broker and the following items:
- Copy of your real estate license.
- A letter of Good Standing from your primary/former association, if you are currently a member of NAR with another local REALTOR® association.
- Complete a 4-hour Code of Ethics & Professional Practice in-person at the Vail Board of Realtors®. Must be completed within 90 days of membership activation.
- Complete New Member Orientation Course within two-course offerings (offered every four months).
Processing Timeline for Applications
Once we receive your completed application it will take three to five business days to process. Our Member Services Manager will contact you for payment of initial processing fees and dues.
We will send you a confirmation welcome email that will include.
- Login information for your MLS and VBR account
- Information about NAR ethics and new member orientation courses
Members will receive annual dues statements in November. You have until January 1st to make payment. These invoices are sent by email to each member.