Director Application 2023
The Vail Board of REALTORS®️ and the Vail Multi-List Service provide essential services to our over 700 REALTOR®️ members. Our strength comes from our membership as a whole and is supported by active volunteers who are the leadership and future of the Board.
If you are a REALTOR® with the Vail Board of REALTORS® and interested in becoming part of the leadership, please read the information below. Applications are due no later than Friday, July 28, 2023.
Essential requirements for service as a Director:
- Commit to a two-year term of service on the Board of Directors and maintain REALTOR® membership
- Attend and participate in Board Strategic Planning and/or Leadership Training when scheduled - typically two ½ days sessions
- Attend Monthly (usually fewer than 12 meetings) Board meetings, General Membership meetings, and other events of the Board
- Prepare for all Board meetings (materials provided in advance via email)
- Experience serving on either a committee or the Board of Directors of a REALTOR® Association, or MLS Service within the past five years is preferred but not required.
What does a Director do?
Directors set policy and monitor actions of committees and staff to create and maintain valuable services. They assure the Board's finances are sound via effective financial management.
Directors maintain awareness of our real estate market and community matters that may affect members, communicating and acting on those matters through the Board of Directors.